11.16.2012

House Friday: Home office

Lots of happenings at Casa de Johnson since my last post and I'll probably never get around to blogging about it. We celebrated our anniversary, I ran the 15K in the Tulsa Run, we went camping and spent a weekend back in Austin visiting friends. It's probably best if you follow me on Instagram or Twitter for the latest and greatest because this blog has obviously been put on the back burner.

We've made some progress on the home front but overall due to lack of time and money things are moving at a snails pace. BUT this week we finally got my office semi-put together. Or really I should say I got my desk situation figured out. I had been using a desk that I've had forever. It is fine but not great for everyday home office usage because it's pretty small. I don't want to get rid of it so I think it will become my sewing desk. Yes, I've decided to take up sewing.
Before
So, I found this replacement on Craigslist for $35. It weighs a ton {it took three of us to bring it inside} and is a little banged up but I liked the old tanker desk look and overall surface area. It had been sitting out in someone's barn and required a serious deep clean {I don't want to talk about it.}
After
After the serious deep cleaning of the entire desk and drawers I decided to go ahead and line the drawers with contact paper. At first, I was worried about the next person who owned the desk might not like my contact paper choice. Then I remember what a pain in the butt it was to move it inside {we had to remove the legs} and realize it would probably be ours for a long time.
The rug is from RugsUSA and was on super sale when I purchased it. I'd show you the rest of the room but it's still a mess because we're still moving furniture around but I thought I'd at least share the latest on my home office... or desk. 

Kelly

4 comments:

  1. I love the new desk! So cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great find for a desk. :) Good choice and thank you for sharing it to the readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you found a budget-friendly but durable home office desk replacement. :) Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely much better, Kelly! Your old desk made your work space a little crowded, even though there were only a few of your office items placed on it. You can now move freely, and enjoy working without the hassle of a small space.

    Clayton Steadham

    ReplyDelete