10.10.2012

Feeling Festive for Fall

For the first time in about 8 years I live in a place that has seasons. Yes, seasons. This is a big deal people. 

It's a big deal because it's not 85 or 90 in October. This past weekend it got down to 35 and the highs have been around 65! Which the last time I woke up and it was 35 degrees in the morning would either be the one time a year we'd get an ice storm in Austin or when I was in high school living in New Mexico. Let's just say it's been a while since I experienced fall like temperatures in October and I love it. 

A combination of the colder temps, wearing boots, the leaves changing and going to the fair this past weekend got me into a festive mood. Thus, I decided to decorate for fall. Other than pumpkin carving I'm not really into decorating for Halloween. I'm just not a huge fan of witches, ghosts, skulls etc for some reason. Also, I'm too lazy to decorate for Halloween AND Thanksgiving. So, I just tried to put together some things that would carry over throughout the fall. 

Oh, and we now have a mantel so obviously I had to decorate. Or attempt to decorate....
Yes, if you follow me on instagram you've already seen these pictures. My bad. Obviously, I'm not good at managing my social media. Or again just too lazy to take more pictures.
Anyway, in addition to purchasing some pumpkins, gourds and candles I bought three other pots of mums. They aren't fully bloomed yet so I didn't take a picture of them. Let's just hope they don't die before they bloom so we can enjoy them. We aren't exactly good at keeping plant life alive.  

xoxo

Kelly

2 comments:

  1. It looks great-and the new house is adorable, I love your vintage kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the decorations! More than I've done thus far. I shall take some hints from you and get on it!

    ReplyDelete